Samstag, 11. August 2012

Nepal horse book - Earrings



Again some earrings I made with polymer clay. For the image transfer I use the polymer clay brand fimo. But just the fimo classic works really well, not fimo soft. It seems that with fimo soft the colours get more "sticky" and will smear on the clay even if there is still a lot of the paper left from the print. And also even more problematic: It doesn't keep or rather transfers the colours like classic! The image will be really faint or with too much paper left...


If you don't have other polymer clay at hand than fimo soft: Use it. But maybe not for the first time trying some image transfer because the chances are high that you will get disappointed. 

I like the rough edges of the images on the clay. They create the feeling of a little tile worn over time... 


I use quite a lot different resources for my images and this horses come from Bibliodysee. The original images are taken from a nepal horse book, which may be dated to the 18th century. More details over at  Bibliodysee  :)



3 Kommentare:

  1. I agree, they look like ancient tiles. Love them, so classical.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Beautiful! Amazing what can be done with clay.
    Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create! <3 Christina

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. what a lovely piece of art! I am totally pinning this! thanks for sharing this with us at the Crafty Saturday Party. I can't wait to see what you have for us this week.

    Hugs,
    Lelanie@to-sew-with-love.com

    AntwortenLöschen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails