Sonntag, 5. August 2012

Graduate cap - earrings!



I am not the only one who defended its thesis. A friend from me also had her big date and I made these little graduate caps for her as earrings. I used polymer clay (fimo) in black. The shiny surface was created not due to lacquer but to a lot of sanding and polishing. For most projects this takes too long for my nerves... but for a gift it had to be :) 



In germany you get that graduate cap not for school or college or something similar to that but only for your doctorate. 


The little tassel I made with embroidery thread (cotton). 


I am thinking of offering earrings like this in my dawanda shop but not sure about this...


6 Kommentare:

  1. Claire, those are exquisite! Really so elegant yet playful. A wonderful gift!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. The earrings are really pretty, the sanding really does give them a nice and shiny look + the details are amazing. I am sure you should give them a go in your DaWanda shop.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Aww.. what a sweet and thoughtful gift! Love them!
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. I love them too, they are sooo pretty, thanks again for that great gift :) LG Mandy

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Das freut mich! :)

      Ich war echt überrascht, wie gut die bei Dir aussehen! Dafür, das sie vor allem ja auch als ein Gimmick gedacht waren :)

      Löschen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails