Mittwoch, 21. Dezember 2011

Find the deer....!

Although not perfect (it also was -of course- an experiment so no need to be perfect) I really like this image and it is going to be used for some cards :)

I cut out a deer shape (not my own one but drawn from an deer shaped ornament), placed it on some plastic and started to draw all over the plastiv with a laquer pen. The idea was that the deer would come out due to the missing parts in the ornaments (aka strange pattern). 

The original drawing didn't survive the next experiment: Bake the plastic (it was a polystyrene plastic sheet). The baking was perfect but during the baking / shrinking the plastic curled up too much and was baked in a wrinkled way. Yes, I had to laugh seeing this ^^

But I made pictures before because I already plannend on printing this image, so this is saved at least!

As you may have noticed: Yes I draw lines and dots where the second back leg should have been... But I think if one doesn't knows the original deer, one wouldn't notice ;)

2 Kommentare:

  1. It's charming and graphic! Love it! (And nope, you don't need that other leg at all.)

  2. Ooo I love the top pic with the outline (pre-shrinking)! What a lovely effect you've created. Sort of a reverse silhouette. So cool!



Related Posts with Thumbnails