Dienstag, 5. Oktober 2010

Bronce tentacle envelope



The tentacle is made with acrylic paint (again ^^). It is just the best choice if there is only one colour is used to paint the tentacle because with the thick consitency it is possible to work not only in colours but with structures on the surface of the paint.

I overlayed the tentacle a little bit with black artistic water colour. But I used nearly no water and just a little bit of the colour itself.

The whole envelope: Just bronze tentacles and a little frame :)



The basic is this cardboard which you normally use to organise your stuff in paper folders. They are of a nice quality and stability to work with. I folded it...


..and cut one side a little bit so I could fold the other side over the smaller one and glue it down.


A book page was my basic material for the little frame. I just cut it out freehand...
You may draw lines where to cut before but I like a little bit of imperfections!


A space in between cutted out... The adress will be written down there!


I painted it over with artistic water colours: Two shades of brown and a little bit of black. The transparency of water colours is great so the text can still be seen through.

By the way:

Liebe Mama = Dear Mum
Lieber Papa = Dear Dad

This was really just by chance but somehow cute, no?! ^^


And the tentacles followed at last...!

7 Kommentare:

  1. So nice! Great instructions for the envelope. Great way to use your little frames!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I love the idea of getting a letter with tentacles on it. it's so fun and eclectic!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. This is a really pretty, fun,idea. It still looks like art to me...

    Come see me sometime! I don't have art...just stuff. LOL

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Oh I love that frame!!! This envelope has so mnay fun dimensional elements, great work as always:) Thanks for sharing with us at A Crafty Soiree! Hope to see you again this week.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. wow you are so creative! beautiful!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Thanks :)

    And as you know: There can never be enough tentacles! ^^

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. I would love to get a letter in this envelope! Great tutorial. Thanks for linking up at Sunday Art Therapy at Seeds on a Breeze.

    AntwortenLöschen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails