Montag, 19. Dezember 2011

Stamp your backgrounds...



I have to admit that I just love and adore cool background stamps. The ones with only rough lines or little spots, the ones that seems more like some wrinkled paper or old pattern.


But as much as I am into them... they are way to expensive. And hey, I buy too much too expensive material for crafting already! One of the reasons why I sell my stuff is to be able to get more material ^^ And if even I am asking why some little rubber, pressed or laser cut, whatever... is so expensive? And how could it be that people are buying this? I mean it is okay to sell them not too cheap because they design, production, everything costs much... but you can see how unbelievable some prices are for me because I can't stop rambling about that in this post ^^


Silke from "für große Mädchen" sends me cool packages full of random crafting stuff (from fabrics to paper to strange things) from time to time. In one were some scraps of old wallpaper with 3D structures ("Vliestapete" in german).


I also had some acrlyic felt... and double-side adhesive tape... and of course some stamping ink...


I never thought that I would love the results that much! 


Some of my "stamps"...


Look at the structures!




My "reagents"...


...added together...


...and if I had also glued on some stable background (but I made just one this way)...


This (cheap!) ink pads work great with the wallpaper background stamps...


...but you could also use acrylic colours or lino print colour...


...and every single print will look different! 

3 Kommentare:

  1. Oh yes, they do create lovely textures for backgrounds... Great idea Claire!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Very cool! I wish I had seen this about 4 hours ago. I would have used your background technique. Thanks for sharing.

    Printable Decor
    Saved By Love Creations

    AntwortenLöschen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails