Dienstag, 8. Januar 2013

Strange plant stuff makes the best earrings!



At first (better late than never, nai?!): A happy new year!

My friend Rumpel and I moved together in a new flat. Of course we had do to this between (and during) christmas and new year (and the first days in january). I took two weeks off of work but there was no real free time ^^ We just have internet access again since today! 

Rumpel came with me to my family at the 24th (I am never able to remember how this is called in english. In germany we are celebrating at the 24th at the evening). I love my family but we are not easy. None of us. Not for ourselves and especially not for people coming into... but he hold himself great :) 

My three black cats (Bisu, Dean and Grusel) also moved in. Together with my last two surviving Geckos (Pinky and Squeasel). Brain died some weeks ago... and also last snake Nagalinchen... They were old so it was not surprising. I had them for about 10 to 12 years and when I got them they were already grown up. 

But after this recapitulation of the last weeks a completly change of topic: Earrings. 

I put some of these earrings in the advent calendar for my sister Lachafa. So you may already have seen them. The little immature acorn earrings, this long strange tubes (which are the most stunning worn on person! She put them on at christmas and the dangled beautiful and the form and movement was perfectly fitting for her! I was really surprised how much the look of earrings change just by seeing them on person!) and the geometric shapes...


I attached the glas beads on head pins in a way that they would dangle and move free and easy. The movement and the organic structure made them strangely living. 


I just found very few of the immature acorns. Or at least I found very few at the groud... the trees were to big to get the ones still hanging. For all the plant stuff I used my dremel to drill tiny holes in them. As long as you can drill a hole in something it is a possible bead for me!


Even if the glas beads are small they add sparkle!



...and no, I don't know from which kind of plant this came...


...and yes, I studied biology... ^^


...oh... last but not least: I will be in south corea for february and march! We have a cooperation there so this is an exchange of methods, tips and tricks and whatever else we can stuff in only two months. 



6 Kommentare:

  1. I love the strange rosy glow and ombre shading of those pods. So nice! I hope Rumpel is recovered from all the fabulous family togetherness. In my family, the husbands and wives feel the same: just a little of my family is enough. Congratulations on your new place, I hope you both have a little creative space!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Ha ha! Your title made me laugh and I should have guessed it was you! yes, they do make really cool earrings!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Hi Saraccino,
    These came out so pretty. Thanks so much for sharing at Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop.
    Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above
    Melanie @ Keep It Simple and Fun

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Beautiful! I love how you use natural and unique elements. Always so interesting.

    Thank you for partying with the Wildly Original Crowd.
    <3 Christina at I Gotta Create!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Hi, Great post. I found you through the blog hop. Now following you.Please stop by and say hi when you get a chance.
    Be sure and check out my new Blog Hop that we just started, It's Weekly Goals Link Up. It's a great way to stay on track. Have a great day. :) Here's the link in case you want to check it out. Thanks again.http://lenettacarnes.blogspot.com/2013/01/weekly-goals-linkup-html

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. You do such beautiful work. Love the idea of using nature. Thanks for sharing at Simple & Sweet Fridays.

    Jody

    AntwortenLöschen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails