Sonntag, 4. Januar 2015

"Hold on" - Earrings



I got more of the tiny numisticks in their unusal shape from Kimberly Roger (Numinosity). Like the "Tribal dance" earrings (have a look here) I combined them with a ring. Just this time not a wire wrapped ring but a soldered and hammered ring made by me! Yes, tiny steps but I so enjoy creating these kind of rings. 

The space between the numisticks sides was too close to get the ring in between. I would also have broken up the enamel and at some point the enamel from the two sides was also a little but fused. It was even very difficult to get the wire in between but very gently I opened up the space. Then I just secured it with a lot more of wrapping. I really like the look of how the wire seems to hug and hold on to the ring and the numistick. 

I could go on describe how these earrings symbolize in a beautiful way the phrase "hold on" for me but maybe that would go a little bit too far ^^


But they make me smile :)

1 Kommentar:

  1. Hi Claire :) I love that you made the rings and everything! There is something so satisfying about being able to say that you did it all yourself. I'm itching to expand my skill set too, part of what keeps me going is knowing that there's always something new to learn. Anyway, these earrings are fabulous! I don't know how to get this thing to register my email address, but… no reply is necessary anyway. Just here to appreciate :)

    AntwortenLöschen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails